As there is no way to clear your order history from Amazon.
The easy solution is to create another account just to buy private things.
The other concern is your recommendation list, which is public.
For those concerned about this, you have options.
1. Go to your Amazon.com.
2. Clear Your Browsing History
- Go to ‘Browsing History’ to manage your browsing history.
- You can remove a item or remove all items
- If you want you can turn off ‘Browsing History’ here.
3. Remove Items that Trigger Recommendations
- Select the “Improve Your Recommendations” tab from the “Your Recommendations” section.
- Check either “This was a gift” or “Don’t use for recommendations.”.
- It will not trigger your recommendation list anymore.